The programs of Chai Tots arise from a common desire for excellence in meeting the needs of children and their families. Our philosophy is one of nurturing, growth and development, relationships and understanding - all in the goal of establishing a love for learning, a fascination with holidays and life cycles events, and a passion for approaching the world in a Jewish way.
Children are treasured for their uniqueness and individuality, and are encouraged in self-expression.
The basic philosophy behind our curriculum is that children learn best by doing. The program activities are therefore designed to help children learn more about the world, their heritage and their values through hands-on activities and active involvement.
While Chai Tots operates classrooms which are individualized in their goals & objectives, each classroom forms its specific aims within the context of these principles.
We believe …
- that the home is the most important factor in a child's development. We will always strive to support and complement the family in order to promote healthy development of children and parents.
- that loving, trusting, and respecting each child makes that child capable of loving, trusting and respecting others.
- that each child should be guided and encouraged to have a positive self-image.
- that children need a nurturing, safe and happy environment which promotes their natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- that play is the work of children and through it children explore the world around them by using their senses.
- that children deserve to have teachers whose values enable them to be excellent role models.
At Chai Tots we see each child as a unique and precious gift entrusted into our care. This concept is what governs our school's educational approach. At Chai Tots, emphasis is placed on the individual child and on encouraging each child's innate inquisitiveness and thirst for knowledge. Small classes and high student-teacher ratios ensure each child receives individual and caring attention.
Chai Tots admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin in all the rights, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Chai Tots does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.